Toss those wool scarfs and mittens! It's finally time to shorten the hemline and give those knee-high boots a rest. And, this spring, there is plenty of reason to flaunt your toes and flex your feet. That's because there's a plethora of new trend-worthy sandals, shoes, and sneakers that are sure to make you feel spring-ready. Here are some of the hottest styles and prints now available from a few of our favorite footwear brands:
Equipment editor Hannah Holden takes a look at the new S-Lite golf shoe from Ecco as the Danish brand takes lightweight to the next level
Ecco S-Lite review: First impressions
The bold, rich colouring used in this range including the contrasting splash of colour on the heel of the shoe is immediately eye-catching. I tested the red version of the S-Lite, which is a very pleasing colour on the eye. There are however plenty of more muted colour tones to choose from if you prefer a more pared-down style
There are no rules now, which means everything is wrong. Our fashion experts are here to help, with consulting from the Goldman reporting team.
Is this the nail in the business suit’s coffin? In a memo circulated internally to Goldman Sachs employees on Tuesday, the financial firm said that it was loosening its approach to office attire, moving to “a firmwide flexible dress code” and asking employees to “dress in a manner that is consistent with your clients’ expectations.” Two years after J.P. Morgan made a similar announcement, the time-honored banking uniform of suit and tie is beginning take a back seat to business casual.
Elon Musk's unveiling of the Model Y is overshadowed by his custom Tesla Jordan 1 sneakers made with python skin and Twitter users joke they are probably solar powered and self-tightened
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled the company's Model Y on Thursday
- But when a fan screamed that they liked his shoes, the billionaire did a jig to show off his custom made Jordan 1
- Sneakers were first highlighted by the Los Angeles based company - DM Custom Sneakers - in January and were made for Musk's birthday
- The shoes were a big hit on social media, with more people focused on the tennis shoes than they were on the news for Tesla's mid-size electric SUV
- Shoes have a red metallic leather swoosh and Tesla logo while the hide of the Jordans are made with 'black genuine python and black hair on hide'
From Jordan, Adidas, Koio, and more. There's plenty going on in sneakers this week, but hypebeasts get a pass; none of the sought-after, thirst-inducing, line-up-obsessing, collaborators are hitting the stores. Instead, this week is more for the sophisticated and chill consumers among us. There's a light and fresh look on Jordan's V, and there's a duo of black Air Maxes with a little bit of neon. Adidas teamed up with Japanese brand United Arrows & Sons for some surprisingly bold designs, while a collaboration between Nike and Premier Skate Shop looks more subtle than it is. All that and more this week. Check it out!